RUNNING ASSESSMENT PROGRAMME (3-10 SESSIONS)
HOW DOES THIS RUNNING ASSESSMENT PROGRAMME HELP?
At ProHealth Sports and Spinal, we believe that a good running style and correct muscle balance will lead to a faster recovery from injury, better running performance and injury prevention. Whether you are a recreational runner or an elite athlete of any age, our expert physiotherapists can provide an in-depth analysis to ascertain where your asymmetries are and develop a customised programme to address any bio-mechanical issues.
Believe it or not, humans are designed to run. This programme will assist you in planning for your first marathon, or if it’s your dream to spend days running across a desert, we can advise you on how to maintain good performance and remain injury-free.
It’s time to stop procrastinating due to pain or performance issues. These sessions will cover comprehensive discussions on current injuries, advice on common injuries like patellofemoral pain and Achilles tendinopathy, best treatment approaches, footwear recommendations and a customised running specific exercise prescription plan that’s tailored to your strength, flexibility, alignment and movement capacity.Book An Appointment
*Please enquire via phone or email about special package rates for specialty treatment plans
Running Assessment Treatment Frequency: consists of 3 to 10 sessions
INITIAL ASSESSMENT* INCLUDES:
- Detailed subjective assessment of where you feel your issues are and how you wish to improve – This will also include a discussion about your training programme, footwear analysis, any mechanical inefficiencies, tissue stress, incorrect movement patterns etc.
- Full assessment of body alignment, posture, and leg length
- Full testing of muscle length with an emphasis on those muscles specifically designed for running
- Full testing of muscle strength with an emphasis on core muscles and those specifically required for running
- Video gait analysis using a treadmill and computer software to obtain a full picture of your running style
- Discussion of assessment results and a treatment plan will be devised
* The initial assessment may need to be completed over 2 sessions.
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS** INCLUDE:
- Discussion of any issues that may have arisen since initial assessment, addressing running fault
- Manual physiotherapy treatment as required
- Individualised rehabilitation programme incorporating mobility exercises and/ or strengthening exercise prescription programme initiated using clinical Pilates and/or gym equipment within the clinic
- Low-level plyometrics to improve muscle stiffness and functional exercises
- Review and progression of home exercise prescription programme that includes a report with a rehab plan based on your needs
** Frequency will be recommended by a physiotherapist on an individual basis.