WOMEN’S HEALTHCARE: POST-NATAL PROGRAMME (5 SESSIONS)
HOW DOES THIS POST-NATAL PROGRAMME HELP?
Whether you have just had a baby or had children years ago, our post-natal package or post pregnancy physiotherapy is aimed at women who have just had a baby as well as those who had children some time ago.
Many women don’t have time after having a baby to pay attention to themselves and it is easy for life to become “all about the kids”, but Mums deserve to be strong, happy and pain free.
Should you be experiencing problems or simply want some advice on returning to exercise safely, our post-natal package is designed to help you get back on track and take control of your physical health.Book An Appointment
*Please enquire via phone or email about special package rates for specialty treatment plans
Post-Natal Programme: consists of 5 sessions
Treatment is aimed at:
- Women who have had children in the past or are currently in the post-natal phase.
- Women suffering from an abdominal separation (Diastasis Rectus Abdominis)
- Women suffering or recovering from low back pain or Sacroiliac Joint dysfunction
- Women wanting to check their core muscles are working properly and that their current exercises are safe and appropriate
- Women wanting to return to sport after child birth or injury
INITIAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
- Lumbar and pelvic stability assessment
- Core Assessment
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus assessment
- Pelvic floor muscle screening for urinary dysfunction
- Goal identification for client motivation
- Lower and upper limb strength assessment as appropriate to sporting / daily activity levels
*The initial assessment may be covered over the first two sessions depending on individual needs.
SUBSEQUENT SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Ongoing review of initial assessment and goals
- One-on-one Pilates and strengthening sessions tailored to individual needs focusing on core and pelvic floor muscles